Usage & Care
Lulalu’s special stick material is non-toxic and leaves no marks or residue. Our material is unique and requires some simple TLC to ensure your items properly stick to your surfaces. Follow this check-list:
Confirm your surface and Lulalu are a good match:
- Surface must be smooth and non-porous. Ideal surfaces include stainless steel, glass, mirrors, smooth tile, metal and sealed finished wood. We do not suggest Lulalu for painted walls, Formica/particle board and similar surfaces – they’re not really non-porous. Remember with all sticky materials, always test first.
- Surface must be clean of oil and dirt! Please be sure to clean your surface prior to positioning Lulalu.
- Stainless Fridge? Beware cleaners that “polish!” Many stainless cleaners have oil in them to make your stainless steel refrigerator shiny, but that oil will also destroy Lulalu’s sticky material. Bad news! Clean your surface thoroughly with a simple oil-free cleaner such as vinegar-based glass cleaner before mounting Lulalu.
Get Lulalu ready to meet its new home:
- Peel it! Lulalu items come with a protective liner on the stick material. Be sure to peel that off first. It won’t feel sticky to the touch, but that’s why it’s so fabulous! Don’t touch it too much though – remember oil is bad!
- Stick it on. Make sure nothing is between the material and the destination surface and press firmly (it’s okay to push hard) to make sure all of the material has come in contact with your surface.
- Move it. Don’t like where you put it? – peel it off and place it in another appropriately clean location. Lulalu can be used over and over again.
- Dropped Lulalu and a little dirt stuck? Use water or a vinegar-based cleaner to wipe away grime from the stick surface, allow to dry, and re-stick.
- Not sticking? Clean the stick material and allow it to dry. Apply the item to a clean mirror to test for grip (press hard!). If it does not stick then the material has become too dirty (most likely oil!) and the material will need to be replaced.
- Wore out the material? – we have more! Replacement stick material is available for the click clips here.
There you go. With a few simple steps, you and Lulalu can enjoy a long and colorful life together!